[EDGE] error certificate RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Im trying to set up a edge but i get somes issues.

for information, i dont have reverse proxy cause i just want to connect user from external network...

So, i configured without any problem the edge server and used a public certificate on the external interface.

But whan im trying to connect to the skype busoness client i get an error.

I used wireshark and the connectivity test to check whats going wrong and i see the HANDSHAKE SSL close the connection.

i dont know why because the certificat is good and the CSR has been created by the deplyment tool. i added the différent SAN need to skype. The certificate is not a wildcard

So how i can check where the problem comes from ? i can use private certificate just for debug ?

thanks for your help,

bye

Monday, April 25, 2016 3:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What error message did you get when the external users failed to sign in?

Regarding your situation, I suggest you check External access policy(Get-CsExternalAccessPolicy) and edge services first to make sure the OutsideAccess has enabled and all related services are running/Started. And check the requirement of the public certificate. (As I know, nothing changed for the certificate requirement between Lync server 2013 and sfb server 2015, you can refer to following article)

Certificate requirements for external user access in Lync Server 2013

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398920(v=ocs.15).aspx

It’s a good idea that using a private certificate on the external interface to isolate the external certificate possibility, when using a private certificate, you need to install the certificate chain on the clients.

Best Regards,

Cindy Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Eason Huang Sunday, May 8, 2016 6:29 AM
    Tuesday, April 26, 2016 9:07 AM