none
Project Online Starting from scratch RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Can You help me with below question.

1. What is needed for full functionality of processes managing projects with Project Online? I want all project on the one place, filling out timesheets by employees, import projects into Project Online, resource availability, reports etc.

For example:
    Project Online, Project Lite, Office 365 and Microsoft Project Professional (On premise) are all what I need, or I must have set of Project Online, Project Lite, MP Professional for Office 365. Is it possible variant with Project Online, Project Lite and Office 2010 (On premise) or I need exel 2013 for reports?

What do I need of licenses to complete the entire system?

Thursday, December 17, 2015 1:38 PM

All replies

• Milos --

For simplicity, I would recommend Project Online with Project Pro for Office 365.  As far as licenses, you will need the Project Online + Project Pro for Office 365 for your project managers and your Project Online administrators.  For your executives and resource managers, you will need only the Project Online license.  For your team members, you can use the low cost Project Lite license.

Keep in mind, however, that when you start with Project Online, Microsoft provides you with a totally BLANK instance.  If you start with a blank instance, your organization must do all of the configuration needed for your environment, including creating custom fields and lookup tables, setting up enterprise calendars, adding resources (human, generic, Material, and Cost), and creating meaningful reports.

The alternative would be to enlist the aid of a capable Project Partner to assist you with getting started with Project Online.  My employer (Sensei Project Solutions) is one such Partner.  Please reach out to me if you are interested in how we can assist you, if interested.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Sunday, December 20, 2015 2:58 AM
  • Hi Dale,

Yes, your answer helped me. Thanks a lot.
    At the beginning I will try to do all of the configuration needed by myself, but it is very likely that I will need help.
    What is the easiest way for you and your organization to communicate with me if I need help?!

Thank you for your response,

Best regards,
    Milos

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:53 AM
  • Milos --

Navigate to http://www.senseiprojectsolutions.com and click the Contact Us button in the upper right corner of the page.  Thanks.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 1:57 PM