Any solution for the mouse freeze problem in Win7-64 RRS feed

• Question

• Soon after I installed Win7-64 3 weeks a go I got a random mouse freeze problem.

Its more likly to happen after boot and strangly enough, as reported by others, in the lower right corner, near the clock. But it freezes up at random times. My Logitech G9 had the same problem, so I bought an Intellipoint Xplorer 3.0 thinking it was a mouse or driver problem and that a new MS mouse should be a safe bet. Wrong....

From what Google reports I know there's lot's of people with this issue. And its NOT usb related as it still happens with PS/2 plugg.

We should not have mouse problems in any OS. That's like selling a car with faulty breaks.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 3:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Toretull, did you install the Logitech G9 driver support for Windows 7? You can download it form Logitech website:

http://www.gamingmouse.org/logitech-g9

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

And you can try to these steps to setup you mouse option:

1.    Right clicking on the desktop, select the Personalize

2.    Open the mouse pointer and select the Pointer Option.

3.     Uncheck the "Enhance pointer precision", "Display pointer trails", "Hide pointer while typing", all the options.

4.     Then click OK.

5.     Also click on "Pointers" tab and uncheck "enable pointer shadow".

Anymore you can try to login with Clean Boot or Safe Mode to see if the same issue appears.

Hope it helps.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, September 14, 2010 12:50 AM
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 6:40 AM