none
Gatherer fills the c drive

Question

• Hi,

I have a Sp 2013 environment where the total searchable items are 700k.

It has incremental crawl in every 15 mins

Full crawl once in a week.

I have noticed some times during the full crawl the C drive gets full and the search gets stuck at "Computing Ranking" and the index partition gets degraded.

C drive total space is 129 GB.

I have checked the during this time C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\15.0\Data\Office Server\Applications\Search has content of size 75.1 GB.

I am not sure why these temp search files are not getting deleted. I wonder why it is getting stuck sometimes at this stage during full crawl.

Any idea ?

Monday, May 07, 2018 12:58 PM

All replies

• Hi spadminspadmin,

During a large full crawl, the temp folder of the user running the search service can at times get quite large.

You can check the lasted comment in the article below to get rid of this issue:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/searchguys/2012/09/18/managing-the-sp-gatherers-temp-files/

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 8:22 AM
  • Thanks for the information but could you please also tell me how much temp storage is required for me. I have almost 700000 items.

And I have noticed that it is happening after the patching of Dec CU 2017. So is it possible that this issue is related to Patching ?

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 10:58 PM