none
Exchange 2013 - Deploy default Outlook profile from GPO to Outlook 2013 and 2010

Question

• Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks for taking a look at my post. I've done a bit of research and deploying a default profile for Outlook 2010 running Exchange 2010 seems pretty straightforward. Customize the profile with the OCT and then deploy using a script. My problem at the moment is that we're using Outlook 2010 on many of our computers but we have upgraded to Exchange 2013. I've customized my profile but am unable to connect to the server do to it using a specific GUID per user.

Is there any work around for this? Essentially my objective is to have users connect to terminal servers and their outlook is automatically configured for them. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place so really any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Friday, December 12, 2014 2:02 PM

Answers

• I read through that article and it was helpful for configuring my machines running Office 2013 or migrating from 2010 to 2013. What I really need to figure out is how to force Outlook 2010 to automatically configure without dialog windows and connect to an Exchange 2013 server.

So you tried creating a PRF and applying that, using outlook.exe /importprf PRFfile.prf  ??

Did you try the ZeroConfigExchange registry setting ??

What happened in each case? Was the user still prompted to go through the first-run-setup steps ?

Is autodiscover working correctly in your environment ?

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Marked as answer by Brian Baldock Monday, December 15, 2014 8:54 PM
    Monday, December 15, 2014 8:16 PM
  • Ok you got me, I probably didn't read that as attentively as I should have. It worked by applying a new registry key in my GPO under user configuration - preferences - windows settings - registry.

Thanks for your help.

Monday, December 15, 2014 8:54 PM

All replies

• Have you tried this?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn726678(v=office.15).aspx

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, December 13, 2014 7:03 AM
  • I read through that article and it was helpful for configuring my machines running Office 2013 or migrating from 2010 to 2013. What I really need to figure out is how to force Outlook 2010 to automatically configure without dialog windows and connect to an Exchange 2013 server.

Monday, December 15, 2014 1:06 PM

So you tried creating a PRF and applying that, using outlook.exe /importprf PRFfile.prf  ??

Did you try the ZeroConfigExchange registry setting ??

What happened in each case? Was the user still prompted to go through the first-run-setup steps ?

Is autodiscover working correctly in your environment ?

Don

• Marked as answer by Brian Baldock Monday, December 15, 2014 8:54 PM
    Monday, December 15, 2014 8:16 PM
  • Ok you got me, I probably didn't read that as attentively as I should have. It worked by applying a new registry key in my GPO under user configuration - preferences - windows settings - registry.

Thanks for your help.

Monday, December 15, 2014 8:54 PM