none
Hotmail Emails not coming in

Question

• For the past few weeks we have experienced e-mail problems with Hotmail domain senders.

Only the Hotmail accounts are not coming in, all other domains work just fine.  We can also send anywhere as well.

I have not made any changes to our Exchange2013 server or spam services, everthing is working as it was before.

Please help, I have the SMTP logs and the emails generated from Hotmail addresses never even left the Microsoft servers.
    Almost as if my domain is listed as internal for Microsoft.

Thank you!

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 1:45 PM

All replies

• For the past few weeks we have experienced e-mail problems with Hotmail domain senders.

Only the Hotmail accounts are not coming in, all other domains work just fine.  We can also send anywhere as well.

I have not made any changes to our Exchange2013 server or spam services, everthing is working as it was before.

Please help, I have the SMTP logs and the emails generated from Hotmail addresses never even left the Microsoft servers.
    Almost as if my domain is listed as internal for Microsoft.

Thank you!

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 1:46 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to collect some information for further troubleshooting

1. When you send message from hotmail to your domain, is there NDR message generated?
    2. If you do message tracking for those message, will you find them?
    3. Check Firewall or Antispam software.

And I saw the same issue in another thread, it resolved by adding a Reverse PTR Record at ISP. This information is for reference.

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 8:16 AM
  • Hi, 

1)  There is a bounce back to their Hotmail, SMTP:550 5.1.1 Receipeint address rejected. User unknown in virtual directory.

2) Messages never even reach our Spam service, they are not even in their queue as if they never left the Microsoft servers.

I may need to call our firewall team.

Monday, January 30, 2017 8:12 PM
  • Hi, 

1)  There is a bounce back to their Hotmail, SMTP:550 5.1.1 Receipeint address rejected. User unknown in virtual directory.

2) Messages never even reach our Spam service, they are not even in their queue as if they never left the Microsoft servers.

I may need to call our firewall team.

Any updates on your firewall team?

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 6, 2017 1:36 PM