Error when adding Knowledge Base Article content type RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a KB library.  I tried to add the KB Article content type to a document libary but got error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E07.  I couldn't find anything in a  google search for this error (for my circumstance) .  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or how to create this type of functionality within a library?

There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you're are trying to accomplish.
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 4:19 PM

All replies

• Hi run4it,

Yeah, I reproduced your issue.
    And I found that if you created a site with Knowledge Base Application Template, under this KB site, you could create a ”Knowledge Base List” library, and you could add document content type to the collection of the list successfully. But if you created a “Document Library”, you could not add “Knowledge Base Article/Knowledge Base Document” content type to document content type collection and would  get error” Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E07”. And in other non-KB template site, you cannot create “Knowledge Base List” library.

It’s difficult to say whether it is a bug or design purpose.  I suggest that you post the feedback about this issue to Microsoft SharePoint Product Group: http://connect.microsoft.com/site428

Regards,
    Daniel

Thursday, May 5, 2011 10:37 AM
  • Has anyone ever created a library which allows for KB articles (outside of using the KB application template)?
    There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you're are trying to accomplish.
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:30 PM