none
Windows 10 Home - Deleting items and getting proper permissions. RRS feed

• Question

• I already posted this subject on the Windows Answers forums and then directed to TechNet for further guidance. These links will take you to those two topics that I made.

Deleting "ONENOTEM.EXE" off Windows 10 Home.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/deleting-onenotemexe-off-windows-10-home/494f3899-33d4-42b9-8b20-f3fed87c5eca?tm=1524418846918

Windows 10 Home - Getting "TrustedInstaller" permission to edit and remove items.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-home-getting-trustedinstaller/6664a5f1-5c71-45fc-94be-805075db682a?tm=1525300689827&rtAction=1525883173863

I cannot delete many of the programs and program files on my computer. I get the repeated error message that the permission must be changed to trustedinstaller on each item before they can be deleted. If the change needs to be made then the error message doesn't change once I do change the permission. Most of the time though permission is already on trustedinstaller. I will go to REGEDIT and search for files individually there to delete and this seems to work 80% of the time but that last 20% will deny deletion with an error message. I want to remove OneNote, OneDrive and all One"program" programs completely off my computer as it is a ridiculously invasive program that wants to share everything on my computer like a communist. I also want to remove "AllJoyn" for similar reasons. Other deep programs need to go but I can't delete any of them. This has become very frustrating. I remember when there were little to no permissions needed to edit your computer, Windows has taken this too far and I must find a way to freely modify my computer without a wall of error messages in my way requiring me to make redundant permission exercises. This has become too time consuming for something as simple as deleting a non-vital program.

Also, "Cortana" is stupid and should be permanently removed from Windows. As does all of these new programs that require internet connections so that total strangers can get access to your PC.
    Wednesday, May 9, 2018 5:01 PM

All replies

• Hi John Michael Wilson,

According to your description, when you try to delete some folders, it prompts this permission question.

Few steps you could try to give the permission to delete it. Check the link below.

https://www.wintips.org/fix-you-need-permission-to-perform-this-action-cannot-delete-folder-file/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Eric0502 Friday, May 11, 2018 10:19 AM
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 9:19 AM
  • Your link to Wintips has a very informative document. Thank you for sharing this information. On a side note, coincidentally, I made really good tips today at my job. Thought I would mention that.
    Friday, May 11, 2018 8:26 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your update.

I'm glad I can help you.

If any further help needed, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 11, 2018 10:18 AM