SCSM 2012 SP1 : Mapping custom fields of extended class to Email template RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

I have extended a Service request class to create a new class (say "RequestProvisioning"). This class has 3 extra fields added to it, Justification (Text Box), Department (drop-down list) and Requested for (User picker). Now I want to add the value of these 3 fields to the notification email template that goes out upon creation/up-date etc.
    To clarify, as we send the notification emails including the values of the fields like Request Number, Request Title, Request Category etc. similarly, I want to add the values of the extra 3 added fields (justification, Department and Requested For) to the email.

Is it doable? If Yes, please guide.

Thanks,

Thanks

• Edited by MSSQL-DB Tuesday, March 4, 2014 12:15 AM edit
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 12:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It is doable for sure. You have to create a type projection. Here is a bunch of supporting links.

Cheers,
    Marat
    Site: www.scutils.com  Twitter: LinkedIn: Graveyard:

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 1:03 AM
  • Hi Marat,

Thanks for taking time to reply to this. I understand that Type projections are needed when I am extending the Service Request class to a new class. Please correct if I am wrong.
    I have already added the type projections and imported the MP to SCSM.

Now, I want to map those extra field values in the email template...How does Type projection comes into rescue here. Please clarify.

Thanks,

Thanks

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 9:16 PM
  • Hi,

You do not need a type projection for the Justification and Department attributes. But you should include the Requested for (which is a relationshup) in a type projection. If you have also customized the service request form to reflect these 3 attributes on the form, you don't need to do anything as the Authoring Tool will take care of extending the Type Projection.

If you do not want to add the fields to the SR form, you need to create a Type Projection which includes the Requested for relationship (and other relationships you need in your template), and then create a template based on this type projection. You would have to do this in XML, though.

It is less painful if you add the fields to a service request form extension and then create the template using the form. Then you don't need any manual XML tricks...

HTH,

Dieter

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 10:04 PM