none
Show details on scorecard doesn't work with nested hierarchy? RRS feed

• Question

• I created a scorecard with the wizard and I imported the KPIs from Analysis Services. I want to use the "Show details" option. Therefore I selected in the KPI's under Calculation to use "Source data", because otherwise the option "Show Details" is disabled.

I've got an hierarchy "Employee by Type" in the Employee dimension, which contains first the type of employee (Developers, Project Managers, Finance etc) and then you can drilldown to the related employees. When I drag this to the scorecard, it doesn't automatically creates the expected drilldown structure: the Employee type and Employee names are on the same level. In order to fix this, I select the employee and use "Decrease Level", so that for example a certain employee is under the group Developers.

When I deploy the scorecard and select "Show details" for a value of an employee, I got the folllowing error message:

Cannot show details for this cell because both the row and column must have a selection.

However, when I select "Use details" for a value of a certain Employee type (which is one level above the employee) then I get a normal result set.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Friday, July 18, 2008 9:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• Chris,

Please see this thread:  http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2800145&SiteID=17

Aseem Nayar - MSFT

Monday, July 21, 2008 8:04 PM
  • Hello Aseem,

Thanks for your reply.

I already saw that post, but it didn't worked out for me.

The difference in my situation is the nesting:

- KPI (Billable Time Percent)

- Employee Type (Developers, Project Managers, etc)

- Employee (John Doe, James Johnson, etc)

And the rows already contains members from the dimension.

Adding an extra dimension member and hiding it on the rows doesn't make a difference. However when I do this on the columns, then I get a different error message when I click "show details" on the employee level:

Cannot show details for this cell because multiple items are selected from the same hierarchy on the same axis.

Please note that "Show details" on levels KPI and Employee Type are working fine.

Does anyone have any idea why I get this message?

Chris.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 9:40 AM