OS X 10.11 multiple application launches in same session RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the latest OS X 10.11.5 and use MS RD App Version 8.0.31 (Build 27132).

I am running a Remote Desktop server(terminal server) on Winserver 2008R2, which hosts our own application. Our windows users have no issues at all when they disconnect. They can relaunch the remote app and it either reconnects to their last session or it starts a new session and launches the app. Our OS X users will disconnect the remote connection and relaunch it later, but it launches another instances of the same application instead of reconnecting the previous session. Also, if another machin that has users credentials and logs in, taking over the connection, it too launches another instances instead of just connecting to the existing session's application that is already launched. The user can even close out of our application, immediately reconnect and it will use up 2 application licenses. What is different between the windows remote desktop and the OS X version that is causing it to relaunch the app EVERY time the connection is made?

I have followed this document to confirm there is a single session forced per user:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754762.aspx

• Edited by DATSol Wednesday, June 15, 2016 3:22 PM
    Wednesday, June 15, 2016 3:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In order to further analyze the issue, I suggest you check RD Connection Broker related logs on the Windows Server system, which are under:

Event Viewer -> Applications and Services Logs\ Microsoft\ Windows\TerminalServices-SessionBroker\Operational.

More specially, looking for events such as 801, which would log information regarding whether a disconnect session exists as below:

In addition, please also install the latest Remote Desktop for Mac version 8.0.32 to test:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id715768417?mt=12

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Amy Wang_ Friday, June 17, 2016 6:41 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Amy Wang_ Wednesday, June 22, 2016 11:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy Wang_ Wednesday, June 29, 2016 8:28 AM
    Friday, June 17, 2016 6:39 AM