how to deploy SSRS reports on the SharePoint site or can I link them directly from Report server to the SharePoint Repository RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have integrated SSRS on the sharepoint server. Now, I want to deploy the SSRS Reports on the sharepoint server so, please help me how to deploy the reports on the SharePoint Server or is there any way to link the existing Reports folder from the SSRS Server to the SharePoint Server.

Thanks, Ujwala

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, August 3, 2011 10:43 AM Pre-SP 2010 SSRS questions go to the pre-SP 2010 BI forum. If you have SP 2010 please say so. (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 9:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ujwala,

In the solution explorer in the visual studio, check the properties of your solution, you can provide the URL of the site to deploy your report and also the link of the document/report library you need to deploy your report files.

In solution Explorer, just right click on your project name->select Properties, you will find configuration properties.
    You can provide the link for TargetDataSourceFolder, TargetReportFolder, TargetServerURL which is the location for storing report datasource, report, & site collection name where the report has to be deployed respectively.

Thanks,
    Chanakya
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    My Blog
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 9:16 AM
  • Hi Chanakya,

I want to deploy the SSRS Reports programmatically on the SharePoint server, sorry i didn't mentioned that in my question but, manually I am able to deploy it, I want to deploy it through code. Here also one thing, I would mention that, I have code to deploy it on the report server but, when the same code is tried with the SharePoint server, it gives error. Also, when I try to open the "ReportService2005.asmx" in the browser on the SharePoint Server, it gives error message as,

"The file you are attempting to save or retrieve has been blocked from this Web site by the server administrators."

Thanks, Ujwala

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 11:38 AM
  • Refer the URL below. This has all the steps you need.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bimusings/archive/2007/01/16/publishing-reporting-services-reports-to-moss.aspx

Thanks,

Dip
    MCTS: MOSS 2007 Administration
    MCAD, MCSD
    My blog: http://dzeee.net/sharepoint
    Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 12:43 PM
  • Hello, 

This is the same method again through solution explorer but, I want to deploy reports through Program. Is is not possible to deploy the SSRS Report on the SharePoint Server Programmatically ? Please help me on this.

Thanks, Ujwala
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:48 AM
  • Hi Ujwala

Here is the link for Deploying Reports in Integrated Mode using SharePoint feature http://blogs.devhorizon.com/reza/?p=745

HTH

Thanks,
    Skancharla

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Friday, September 9, 2011 6:55 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 11:05 PM