none
Empty HTTP_WhlFiltFormLogin.xml file RRS feed

• Question

• This UAG file "HTTP_WhlFiltFormLogin.xml" populates with information contained in a custom FORMLOGIN.xml file, when placed in the Gateway\von\Conf\WizardDefaults\FormLogin\CustomUpdate folder and activated.

All of a sudden it is generating just this line, and as a result, data in the FormLogin.xml file is not being executed (ie logging in to a form)

<WHLFILTFORMLOGIN ver="1.0"/>

Any ideas? I have tried earlier versions of the UAG Configuration and XML file which were working at the time.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 3:24 AM

Answers

• Problem solved (in a round about way).

I placed the FORMLOGIN.XML in about 8 different CustomUpdate locations that I could find.

And now an activation correctly updates "HTTP_WhlFiltFormLogin".

Unique changes to each of these 8 files show that it is using the FORMLOGIN.XML in the \von\Conf\WizardDefaults\FormLogin\CustomUpdate folder as it should be.

Perhaps somone from Microsft can explain what has happened here - but it seems this FORMLOGIN.XML file has to exist in at least one other place for the Updates to work as I remember deleting custom FORMLOGIN files (which I had created) before this started breaking.

Next step is to delete all the custom files again bar the correct location and see if it happens again- but first am finishing off outstanding work and snapshotting the machine.

• Marked as answer by Robbie RVD Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:18 AM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:34 AM
  • FORMLOGIN.XML had to exist one root level up as well.
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Robbie,

Can you please put your custom FormLogin.xlm file here ? I have experienced the same issue when I am trying to use a custom FormLogin.xml for password_change

Thank you

Olivier Detilleux - Service Line Manager | Core Infrastructure Department - vNext http://www.vnext.fr - http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/forefrontsecurity/
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 3:21 PM
  • Does the custom FormLogin.xml open up fine in Internet Explorer?  Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure there are no errors.
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 2:33 PM
  • Here is the formlogin.xml - it opens fine in IE. The path I have placed it in is

...Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway\von\Conf\WizardDefaults\FormLogin\CustomUpdate\FormLogin.xml

<WHLFILTFORMLOGIN ver="1.0">
    <APPLICATION>
      <APPLICATION_TYPE>Legacy</APPLICATION_TYPE>
      <USAGE description="form_login">
         <PRIMARY_HOST_URL>.*g.*</PRIMARY_HOST_URL>
      <SECONDARY_HOST_URL></SECONDARY_HOST_URL>
      <SCRIPT_NAME source="data_definition">FormLoginSubmitStandard</SCRIPT_NAME>
      <USER_AGENT>
       <AGENT_TYPE search="group">all_supported</AGENT_TYPE>
       <POLICY>multiplatform</POLICY>
       <SCRIPT_NAME source="data_definition">FormLoginHandler</SCRIPT_NAME>
      </USER_AGENT>
      <MULTIPLE_LOGIN>true</MULTIPLE_LOGIN>
      <LOGIN_FORM>
       <NAME>F1</NAME>
       <METHOD>POST</METHOD>
       <CONTROL handling="dummy_value">
        <TYPE>USER_NAME</TYPE>
        <NAME>user</NAME>
        <DEF_VALUE>test</DEF_VALUE>
       </CONTROL>
       <CONTROL handling="dummy_value">
        <TYPE>PASSWORD</TYPE>
        <NAME>pwd</NAME>
        <DEF_VALUE>test</DEF_VALUE>
       </CONTROL>     
      </LOGIN_FORM>
      </USAGE>
    </APPLICATION> 
    </WHLFILTFORMLOGIN>

Monday, February 21, 2011 10:08 PM
  • Problem solved (in a round about way).

I placed the FORMLOGIN.XML in about 8 different CustomUpdate locations that I could find.

And now an activation correctly updates "HTTP_WhlFiltFormLogin".

Unique changes to each of these 8 files show that it is using the FORMLOGIN.XML in the \von\Conf\WizardDefaults\FormLogin\CustomUpdate folder as it should be.

Perhaps somone from Microsft can explain what has happened here - but it seems this FORMLOGIN.XML file has to exist in at least one other place for the Updates to work as I remember deleting custom FORMLOGIN files (which I had created) before this started breaking.

Next step is to delete all the custom files again bar the correct location and see if it happens again- but first am finishing off outstanding work and snapshotting the machine.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:34 AM
  • FORMLOGIN.XML had to exist one root level up as well.
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:18 AM