HTML signatur changes the font and misses images RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Setup is a hosted Exchange and primary using Oulook 2016 clients.

I have received a html file with a signature from a marketing company. At first our logo was made in svg, but it didn't work, so they changed it to png. That picture is in a separate folder. The html file and the image folder I have copied to the Signature folder in the user profile.

They have also made two icons/links for FB and Instagram and they have not been made as separate images, but are "build into" the html file (not sure what it's called) They are not shown at all. Though it's working on the marketing company's Outlook on a Mac?

Last thing is the font is not right. In the html file there's a Google link to the font, but it doesn't look right at the receiver.

Best will be to have the svg file to work for the quality, but that's not important.

Help is much appreciated or an alternative solution :-)

/Kennet

Friday, May 24, 2019 1:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Kennet,

Could you please tell me whether this issue occurs only on your computer or there are many people in your organization have this issue as you?

Is the recipient using the Outlook client?

Given this situation, it is suggested to exit Outlook desktop client and see if the issue can be reproduced on the web mail.

Besides, you may try configuring Outlook 2016 to always embed all linked pictures by setting the following Registry value.

Key Outlook 2016: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Options\Mail
    Value type: REG_DWORD
    Value name: Send Pictures With Document
    Value: 1

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 27, 2019 8:02 AM
  • It has been tried on one other laptop with the same result.

I have tried to sent to both Outlook and Gmail, and still the same.

Do you mean I should try to add the html signature on the webmail? - not sure that's possible.

I have tried the "embed all linked...", but the problem is that I can't even see the two FB and IG in the signature in Outlook, but when I open the html signature in fx Chrome it looks fine.

Monday, May 27, 2019 8:28 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your updates.

>> Do you mean I should try to add the html signature on the webmail? - not sure that's possible.
    Does this signature looks fine on the web mail?

Have you tried configuring Outlook 2016 to always embed all linked pictures by setting the following Registry value.

Key Outlook 2016: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Options\Mail
    Value type: REG_DWORD
    Value name: Send Pictures With Document
    Value: 1

Important: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 9:45 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got your issue fixed?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, May 31, 2019 8:55 AM
  • No, it's still not fixed
    Monday, June 3, 2019 6:01 AM
  • Hi,

I will continue to research on your issue.

Once there is any update, I will post here at the first time.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Wednesday, June 5, 2019 7:39 AM