none
Having to run mofcomp fix after every restart RRS feed

• Question

• mofcomp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Shared\sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof"

I am learning this by heart. Every time I restart my SQL backend for SharePoint I have to run it.

Is there a way of fixing it permanently?

CarolChi

Monday, March 4, 2013 6:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

See if this applies to you, Windows Management Framework 3.0 update and Configuration manager breaks WMI.

Configuration Manager Management Points collocated with clients fail after installing Windows Management Framework 3.0 and running Client Health Evaluation.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2796086

You can work around the issue by setting the following registry value to True on the impacted clients:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM\CcmEval\NotifyOnly

With this registry value set to True, the client will still run the evaluation task daily and incorrectly report that the WMI repository is corrupt but will not call for the repository rebuild or the daily client reinstall.

Formal fix is in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, March 4, 2013 7:13 PM
  • But I am running DPM 2012 SP1, I will try and update the other agents (Endpoint protection and MOM).

Do I have to actively remove the WMI 3.0? Or does System Center tidy up?

CarolChi

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 7:26 AM