Forefront Protection not filtering emails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

We have exchange 2010 and forefront protection for exchange 2010. For some reason forefront does not seem to be filtering any emails that are coming in. I have keyword filters that used to work nut now mail comes right through. When I click on the filtering details under monitoring everything is set at zero. There has been changes made to the network, notably 2 more servers have had forefront added to them. I have checked the options and they all have the same settings. The receive connector is still only enabled on the original server so im not sure if forefront will even be used on the other servers. 

Is there anything anyone can suggest may be the problem here.

MCP,MCSA,MCSE,MCTS,MCITP Enterprise Administrator,Citrix Certified Administrator

Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

First, you may update FPE 2010 to the latest version: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2619883 and then ensure all the forefront service started and reconfigure the filtering with this guide: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc561155.aspx.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Friday, September 21, 2012 6:10 AM
  • Hi, 

I have updated and ran through the guide and everything seems right but it's still not filtering any keywords I use. The main server which has the send and receive connector on shows that it has scanned and filtered 0 emails, the second server says 20 messages scanned, 66 message parts scanned and in realtime message parts scanned is 30921 but everything else is 0 so nothing filtered. The 3rd server says 596 messages scanned, 2057 message parts scanned and everything else is 0 

All agents are now working and fully updated 

MCP,MCSA,MCSE,MCTS,MCITP Enterprise Administrator,Citrix Certified Administrator

Friday, September 21, 2012 9:40 AM
  • bump

Thursday, October 4, 2012 12:49 PM