none
"Table highlighting is disabled because this page uses internet explorer's compatibility mode" error in Excel 365 RRS feed

Answers

• This warning should only affect being able to select tables by clicking in the web view. All the other regular functionality should still work, and you can still select tables by clicking them in the lefthand navigator pane.

Are you seeing something different?

Ehren

Monday, December 16, 2019 10:46 PM
    Owner

All replies

• This warning should only affect being able to select tables by clicking in the web view. All the other regular functionality should still work, and you can still select tables by clicking them in the lefthand navigator pane.

Are you seeing something different?

Ehren

Monday, December 16, 2019 10:46 PM
    Owner
  • I want to pick data from a table in the webpage I included in my OP. If you go to the page from any browser you will see a few tables. I am interested in one of them, "UNIT INFORMATION". If my browser is able to show the table and I can manually copy a value from such table, I was wondering why the browser embedded in Excel PQ is unable to show the table. Can this be fixed?

Friday, May 1, 2020 8:23 AM
  • All the data on the page is loaded dynamically (you can see how the table content gradually appears, replacing the initial animated loading dots). The legacy IE-based web import in Power Query grabs a snapshot of the HTML once the page is rendered according to the IE browser control, which happens before the dynamic tables are loaded. Dynamic pages like this can be better handled using the new web import experience that currently ships in PQ in Power BI Desktop. With some custom M, you can specify an amount of time to wait before importing the HTML, or even an element on the page to wait for. However, if you need to click on Unit Information as part of import, this is currently not possible due to security reasons.

Ehren

Friday, May 1, 2020 4:50 PM
    Owner