none
Error when saving project site as a template - Custom list is not saving RRS feed

• Question

• Im trying to save my project site as a template but Im getting this error:

Sorry, something went wrong

Error exporting the list named "Action Items" at the URL: Lists/Action Items

edit: Id like to mention that I was able to save this site as a templates yesterday successfully with the list

The only change I made was using the solution below to display project site list data on the PWA

http://www.cloudbusiness.com/the-company/blog-and-news/displaying-sharepoint-online-2013-lists-to-parent-or-sub-sites/

Not sure if this is the problem. I would hate to revert the changes that I did in order to save it as a template (displaying subsite list on the PWA).

Thursday, April 30, 2015 10:57 PM

All replies

• Thumper,

Not sure why that webpart solution would be causing a problem - do remember that if you are including data in your template that the template doesn't get bigger than 10MB.  If you ever expect the "Change the look" feature to work you need to include content.

Good luck,

J.

James Boman BSc. MCP:EAD -

Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:21 AM
  • Hi Thumpersd,

It looks that some of your Issue, Risk and by defauls list have corrput GUID, ie modified via list setting.also don't activate any feature and keep by default feature active

Please revert the modification and try again to save it with out content.

All the best !!

Regards

Vipin Upadhyay

Vipin Upadhyay

Thursday, May 7, 2015 6:31 AM
  • I cannot see for a second how Project Server or Project Online could possibly support this in a template. I would think that you would have to add the web part to each site after it was created.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Friday, May 8, 2015 11:41 AM