The system has rebooted unexpectedly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

My system has rebooted unexpectedly , Let me know the cause of this Error / Issue 

Error details : The following fatal alert was received: 112 and The following fatal alert was received: 40.

Event ID : 36887

Thanks ,

Vasanth. M

Thanks, Vasanth.M.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 8:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It is difficult for us to conclude the issue just depend on the error event ID and simple message which you send to us. You can sent the saved event log of system to us. Also, I suggest you can check if it exists a minidump file and send it to us due to it may be caused by BSOD.   

Please find if there is the minidump file under %SystemRoot%\Minidump, if so, post onto Onedrive and share the link here also for our research.

However, before we know that, based on my research and the error message you gave us, I infer the reboot are caused by an updates installed.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-warns-of-problems-with-schannel-security-update/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

You can search whether exists update installed last time in Windows Updates. Just open “Control Panel” > “ Windows Updates” > “View Updates History”. If the issue occurred again, I suggest you perform System Restore to make the PC back to the point which use normally.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/restore-system-files-and-settings

Wish you will troubleshoot the issue smoothly.

Best Regards

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 18, 2015 7:16 AM
  • Vasanth,

If you're accessing the Windows Event Viewer, kindly refer Event IDs 6005 (boot) and 6006 (shutdown), which states how the events are triggered, either by user or by any software. These events are triggered when startup and shutdown audits are enabled. Event ID 6008 shows information about unexpected shutdown due to some issues. Kindly check these for more information.

If you're unable to find any valid information or that startup and shutdown audits are disabled, kindly upload the event viewer logs for analysis, as Team Zigzag says.

Balaji Kundalam

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:34 AM

All replies

• Please read this wiki to find out how to find and upload your event viewer logs

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 4:26 PM
  • Hi,

It is difficult for us to conclude the issue just depend on the error event ID and simple message which you send to us. You can sent the saved event log of system to us. Also, I suggest you can check if it exists a minidump file and send it to us due to it may be caused by BSOD.   

Please find if there is the minidump file under %SystemRoot%\Minidump, if so, post onto Onedrive and share the link here also for our research.

However, before we know that, based on my research and the error message you gave us, I infer the reboot are caused by an updates installed.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-warns-of-problems-with-schannel-security-update/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

You can search whether exists update installed last time in Windows Updates. Just open “Control Panel” > “ Windows Updates” > “View Updates History”. If the issue occurred again, I suggest you perform System Restore to make the PC back to the point which use normally.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/restore-system-files-and-settings

Wish you will troubleshoot the issue smoothly.

Best Regards

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 18, 2015 7:16 AM
  • Vasanth,

If you're accessing the Windows Event Viewer, kindly refer Event IDs 6005 (boot) and 6006 (shutdown), which states how the events are triggered, either by user or by any software. These events are triggered when startup and shutdown audits are enabled. Event ID 6008 shows information about unexpected shutdown due to some issues. Kindly check these for more information.

If you're unable to find any valid information or that startup and shutdown audits are disabled, kindly upload the event viewer logs for analysis, as Team Zigzag says.

Balaji Kundalam

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:34 AM