none
DPM 2010 GUI Crashes !!! RRS feed

• Question

• Folks,

I have DPM 2010  was running fine and no issue, Yesterday , DPM 2010 Crashed and generated the following error

Any comment or thought ?

Error

The description for Event ID 945 from source MSDPM cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Unable to connect to the DPM database because of a general database failure. Make sure that SQL Server is running and that it is configured correctly.

Problem Details:

<FatalServiceError><__System><ID>19</ID><Seq>785168</Seq><TimeCreated>19/10/2010 4:15:07 AM</TimeCreated><Source>DpmThreadPool.cs</Source><Line>163</Line><HasError>True</HasError></__System><ExceptionType>NonFatalDbException</ExceptionType><ExceptionMessage>exception</ExceptionMessage><ExceptionDetails>Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.DB.NonFatalDbException: exception ---&gt; System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Transaction (Process ID 68) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.HasMoreRows()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ReadInternal(Boolean setTimeout)

at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.DB.SqlRetryReader.Read()

--- End of inner exceptiontack trace ---

at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.PRMCatalog.Replica.ReplicaTrail.GetActiveTasks(DbContext ctx, Guid replicaId, Guid verbId, BackupTypeType backupType)

at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.PRMCatalog.PrmCatalog.GetActiveTasksForReplicaTrail(Guid replicaId, Guid verbId, BackupTypeType backupType)

at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Prm.ProtectionRecoveryTaskExecutor.FailIfSimilarActiveTaskFound(Guid taskId, Guid datasourceId, Guid replicaId, Guid verbId, BackupTypeType backupType)

at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Prm.ProtectionRecoveryTaskExecutor.InitializeBackupTask(Guid jobId, Guid verbId, Guid taskId, BackupTaskDefinitionType taskDef)

at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Prm.ProtectionRecoveryTaskExecutor.GetBackupTypeTaskXml(Guid verbId, Guid jobId, TaskDefType taskDef, Guid taskId)

at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Prm.ProtectionRecoveryTaskExecutor.GenerateWorkplan(Guid jobId, WorkPlanFlags flags, TaskDefType taskDef, String jobDef, Guid taskId, Boolean&amp; isSerial)

at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.TaskExecutor.TaskExecutor.GenerateWorkplan(Guid jobID, Guid taskID, String jobDef, String taskDef, WorkPlanFlags flags, GenerateWorkplanCallback callback)

at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.JobManager.ActiveJob.DispatchRequestCallback(Object state)

at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.EngineUICommon.DpmThreadPool.Function(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threadig._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

*** Mojito error was: DatabaseNonFatalError; 0; None

--- SqlException details -----------------

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Transaction (Process ID 68) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at SysteData.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.HasMoreRows()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ReadInternal(Boolean setTimeout)

Error = 1205

Index #0

Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider

Number: 1205

State: 51

Class: 13

Server: DPM-01\MSDPM2010

Message: Transaction (Process ID 68) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

Procedure: prc_RM_ReplicaTrail_GetActiveTasks

Line: 16

--- Caller StackTrace -----------------

FileName:; Method:Read(); lineNo:0; ilOffset:2.

FileName:; Method:GetActiveTasks(); lineNo:0; ilOffset:127.

FileName:; Method:GetActiveTasksForReplicaTrail(); lineNo:0; ilOffset:95.

FileName:; Method:FailIfSimilarActiveTaskFound(); lineNo:0; ilOffset:0.

FileName:; Method:InitializeBackupTask(); lineNo:0; ilOffset:2165.

FileName:; Method:GetBackupTypeTaskXml(); lineNo:0; ilOffset:162.

FileName:; Method:GenerateWorkplan(); lineNo:0; ilOffset:281.

FileName:; Method:GenerateWorkplan(); lineNo:0; ilOffset:212.

FileName:; Method:DispatchRequestCallback(); lineNo:0; ilOffset:445.

FileName:; Method:Function(); lineNo:0; ilOffset:64.

FileName:; Method:Run(); lineNo:0; ilOffset:95.

FileName:; Method:PerformWaitCallbackInternal(); lineNo:0; ilOffset:28.

FileName:; Method:PerformWaitCallback(); lineNo:0; ilOffset:40.

</ExceptionDetails></FatalServiceError>

the message resource is present but the message is not fo

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 2:17 PM

Answers

• I see in the error log that there was an deadlock

Message: Transaction (Process ID 68) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

If I don't remember wrong i have seen this before in other threads and I think that MS has posted information that this is a bug and there will be a fix.

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi

Do you got a copy of the DPMDB? Have you put the DPMDB locally on the DPM server? Can you repair the installation of DPM and SQL?

BR

Robert Hedblom

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 2:44 PM
  • I see in the error log that there was an deadlock

If I don't remember wrong i have seen this before in other threads and I think that MS has posted information that this is a bug and there will be a fix.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 2:46 PM