AVG Anti-virus Update PROBLEM AGAIN!!! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Just to let u guys know there is a problem with the avg update file. U know how when you want to right click avg and click update then after a couple of minutes it gives u an ERROR saying that their is a Invalid update control CTF File. Give me any info on telling me whats up with this update problem and is it getting resolved.

P.S. (Updated September 6, 2008)

Sunday, August 17, 2008 6:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I cannot re-produce this problem on my test computer.

It may be a problem on AVG side. If you have this problem, try to remove and reinstall it to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 9:03 AM
  • i had the same problem...it wasnt installed properly on my pc... so i downloaded avg internet security from avg.com and it works now!  i have got the activation key and will put it up if any one wants it.
    just download avg internet security from avg.com and i will put the activation key if people want it!
    Saturday, August 23, 2008 8:00 AM
  • I also did that. It was just the update file went bad. Thats all. Thanks for replying to my message. Thanks!
    Monday, September 1, 2008 6:36 AM
  •  

i'm having the same problem, ctf error, and i have free avg, is there a fix for the free version
    Sunday, October 26, 2008 2:35 AM
  • Please send the key.  I'm downloading it again

Thanks

Joyfleet

Saturday, November 1, 2008 2:50 AM
  • Can U give me the activation key and do I have to download it first?

Friday, November 7, 2008 1:55 PM
  • Please send the activation key I have the same problem. Thank you

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:12 PM
  • I could use that activation key if you still have it.  I think I am going to need to reinstall avg.

Thanks for your help!

Thursday, November 20, 2008 1:35 AM
  • can i get the activation key please!!!
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:37 AM
  • can i get the key?

Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:39 AM