Microsoft Outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• My Business Microsoft Outlook keeps hanging on me, which I am then forced to restart the program. However, upon restarting the program it goes to Verifying Data Integrity which then takes 2 hours to reboot. This problem has consistently happening to me over the last week, so would appreciate feedback on how this can be solved.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Nsavalani,

Based on my research, the error message “Verifying Data Integrity” could be caused by data file corruption. If you are using POP account or have archive .pst files, please use SCANPST.exe to repair your .pst files and see if there will be any improvement. If you are using Exchange or IMAP account which uses .ost files, you can directly delete your .ost file. Next time you open Outlook, a new .ost file will be created automatically. For more details about how to repair your date file, you may refer to the following link:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-Outlook-Data-Files-pst-and-ost-25663bc3-11ec-4412-86c4-60458afc5253

If the issue persists, please try to create a new profile and check if Outlook can work properly with the new profile.

If Outlook still keeps hanging after the above steps, it is suggested to start Outlook in safe mode and see the result. This can help eliminate whether the issue is caused by any third party add-ins. To do this, please press “Win + R”, type "outlook.exe /safe" in the blank box, then press Enter.

Hope this can be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:49 AM