none
Client Frontend Receiver Scoping Remote network settings

Question

• Hi

I know this is a silly question and i keep seeing "do not change the default settings" but should the IP address on the remote network settings be open i.e 0.0.0. or should you set it to your IP range 192.168.1.0/32 etc.

I need to create a new receiver for our non outlook clients

Thanks

Michael

Thursday, May 24, 2018 2:43 PM

Answers

• Hi guitartango,

I agree with what Andy David said, the default receive connector should be enough for you to use.

If you want to create a receive connector, the setting of remote network is decided by which IP you want to monitor.
    If you want to monitor mails from a stationary IP, you can just put a IP in it, if you want to monitor mails from a range of IP, you should put a range of IP in it.

Regards, 

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by guitartango Friday, May 25, 2018 11:10 AM
    Friday, May 25, 2018 9:51 AM

All replies

• Hi

I know this is a silly question and i keep seeing "do not change the default settings" but should the IP address on the remote network settings be open i.e 0.0.0. or should you set it to your IP range 192.168.1.0/32 etc.

I need to create a new receiver for our non outlook clients

Thanks

Michael

Can't they use the existing default connectors out of the box?
    Thursday, May 24, 2018 3:24 PM
  • Hi guitartango,

I agree with what Andy David said, the default receive connector should be enough for you to use.

If you want to create a receive connector, the setting of remote network is decided by which IP you want to monitor.
    If you want to monitor mails from a stationary IP, you can just put a IP in it, if you want to monitor mails from a range of IP, you should put a range of IP in it.

Regards, 

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by guitartango Friday, May 25, 2018 11:10 AM
    Friday, May 25, 2018 9:51 AM