dual monitor setup RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to get a baseball game with dual monitor support to display the playing field on my 19" monitor and the secondary screen to display on my Samsung laptop screen (15")............so far I can get the reverse to display (field on laptop and secondary stuff on bigger screen). Any advice on what settings to use to accomplish this?
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:27 PM

Answers

• thecapt56,

If you go to your display settings (where you change the resolution and it shows the two monitors with "1" and "2") change the setting that denotes which display is your main display ("make this my main display).  Just reverse what it is now currently.

Tom Overton
    • Edited by Tom_Overton Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:38 PM
    • Proposed as answer by zhen tan Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Tuesday, November 8, 2011 9:31 AM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:36 PM

All replies

• thecapt56,

If you go to your display settings (where you change the resolution and it shows the two monitors with "1" and "2") change the setting that denotes which display is your main display ("make this my main display).  Just reverse what it is now currently.

Tom Overton
    • Edited by Tom_Overton Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Tuesday, November 8, 2011 9:31 AM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:36 PM
  • thanks Tom, I can get it to work with the laptop set as main but when I set 19" as main both screens show up on 19". I dunno whats the prob..............I wished I wasn't semi-old and technically dumb!!!
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:13 PM
  • In that case, you need to select the option to "extend these displays".  Then, it will show part of the display on one monitor and extend the rest of the screen to the other.
    Tom Overton
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:57 PM