none
Selectable Date Range Filter on Scorecard/KPI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have been searching for a way to get data on the scorecard based off a selectable date range (From date and To date). My data source is OLAP cube.

My strategy is to give 2 Time Intelligence Post formulas (calendar control) on the dashboard one for FromDate and other for ToDate and link both to the scorecard.

I have successfully done this for analytical trend chart by utilizing parameters and setting the MDX to <<FromDate>>:<<ToDate>>, and then linking the filters with filter link formula. Works flawlessly. But unable to do this for the KPI.

Is there some way to pass 2 filters and merge them together to form a range MDX in a KPI?

This thread shows how to use one dynamic filter where as i need to pass 2 filters. If that is possible in the current version.

My shot in the dark, create 3 filters; one for FromDate other ToDate and third a hidden filter that can use something like:

Hierarchize(<<FromDate>>:<<ToDate>>) and link this to the scorecard... if possible...

As per this thread same question is asked, with an answer that this might be added in future release, can we expect that any time soon?
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 6:44 AM

All replies

• Currently there is no way to do this that I am aware of.  You can sort of create a range by choosing a date in the TI Post Formula filter and then writing an expression that will be based off of that date, but then you are limited to always getting the same range based off of the calendar date selected - so not exactly what you are looking for.  I will add this as a feature suggestion for a future release.
    Thanks,
    Alyson

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 2:15 PM