none
PWA issues after Office 2010 SP2 upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• We recently upgraded some client machines that have Project 2010 Professional installed to Project SP2.  Several of these users also use PWA. 

After the upgrade, I heard from a few of these users that in PWA, the Workflow Approval buttons were unavailable, and that they were unable to export to Excel.  I checked with another user who uses the same Project Server and did not receive the update, and he had the same issue.

I did find kb2817580 that describes these exact issues, but the timing is suspicious with the client SP2 upgrade.  Is there something in the Project 2010 SP2 update that would cause this problem on Project Server, or does Server need to be upgraded concurrently with the client update?  I was not under the impression that the local Project update would affect Project Server.  Is that incorrect?

Friday, April 4, 2014 6:24 PM

All replies

• Cwoodin, in my experience, the client doesn't make any modifications at the server.

About the updates, i would recommend you to apply SP2 at the server as well. Besides that, take a look at the ULS logs to see if it spits any errors.

Regards

Friday, April 4, 2014 9:33 PM