none
MS Dynamics AX 2012 integration with Project Server 2010 (Problems with Project Publishing) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've tried to make a synchronization between MS Dynamics AX 2012 R2 (we use VM AX2012R2A-v.1.0)  and Project Server 2010. But all transactions have a trasaction status "Waiting" in System Organization -> MS Project Server Integration -> Integration log. Although while I'm creating a project from Project Server or Project Professional I can choose information for a project properties from MS DAX (this means there is an informational exchange between programs), but there is no project in "Projects" in Project server.

I think the problem is connected with Project Server 2010. Because when I'm trying to create a project (any way: from Project Server or Project Professional) , it is created, but not published. (there is no project in "Projects" in Project Server).

I have all permissions like administrator in all programs.

Please, help to find out the problem .

Thanks, Julia

Monday, August 5, 2013 12:42 PM

Answers

• Thank you for advices!

The reason of the problem was in Version of the virtual machine. We have upgraded it from v.1.0 to v.3.0 and now everything works correctly.

• Marked as answer by Julia Rudyak Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:31 AM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:31 AM

All replies

• The status should change from "waiting" to "completed", in order to see the project in the project server. Upon change of status, access the project server using the url specified in the integration settings and refresh the link, you would get the project.

Please check whether or not the project manager is assigned for the project. The assigned project manager must be an AX user.

Revert if you do not succeed!

Friday, August 9, 2013 12:33 PM
  • Hi,

I happen to be trying to get the integration to work for a few days now and only recently  I was able to see projects getting created in proj server when created in Dynamics AX. In your case have you marked your project as project server integration project in the project details master in DAX?

Monday, August 19, 2013 4:45 AM
  • Thank you for advices!

The reason of the problem was in Version of the virtual machine. We have upgraded it from v.1.0 to v.3.0 and now everything works correctly.

• Marked as answer by Julia Rudyak Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:31 AM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:31 AM