none
can not install vista? but can on a VWstation? RRS feed

• Question

•  

where to begin ..

i had a grate deal of money come in not too long ago, and desided to buy a new pc + vista home premium

well all was going good when i was building my new comp, but when i install, thats when things got ugly.

i can install vista, put in the serial, copys all files, then restarts, all good then boots up goes on "completing instalacion",

then its wired .. i dont get the blue screen of death, it just crashes ... but the top 6th of the screen is red and the rest futs fused out ...my computer is fully compatable

my system spec's are :-

Abit AN-M2 HD mouthere borad , geforce 7600 chip set

2 gb DDR2 800mhz "vista ready" RAM

AMD athlon 64 3000+ duo

Gforce 8500 GT PCI-E 256 DD2 

160gb SATA hdd 10000rpm

testcorp super writemaster DVD-RW x20 also with light scribe

and a belking wireless card (i know it works with vistabecause it has done on the VWS)

now about the VWS (virtual workstation) i had installed vista on this for people that dont know what it is, its a virtual network, you crate a partishion useing the VWS program, install what ever os u want, to see it befor u install it ..altho i formated then tryed lol, but it wotks on a 20gb partishion but not a 160gb?

right. so what iv done now, in install my xp 2000 in a partishion that 40 gb, and made anouth partishion thats 120gb for vista which has crashed again ..i want to keep bouth partishions so iv got a back up, herd and seen all the porbs vista has sadly.

but i can not get vista too work? has any 1 got a clue on how i may sovle this problem? if i can try to simulate the prob on VWS i will get a log dump, but the chances are very slim, have already try 4 times so far.

thank you for reading all that i have wrote and i can only hope, when i check this in a couple of hours i get a reply telling me how to fix Smile

a very very VERY big thanks in advarnce

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 11:33 PM

Answers

•  

right, iv now managed to install vista in its own partishion, and it all woks sort of well ... after thinking really hard on my it could install onVWS and not in its own partishion, i figerd out it was useing only 1gb of RAM on VWS so i had took 1 gb out and installed. but went on, after manageing all there drivers i had noticed my comp runing really slow ... any who  i put in the othere stick of RAM and then run "memory diagnostic tool" all was fine, rebooted comp, then all i was geting is the bad memory post.. could the "memory diagnostic tool", blow up a stick of ram?

altho its lucky its under a life time warrenty, well i mean they cost £58 a pair. Sad

i geuss the good thing is, iv got vista on.. if any 1 is geting a problem installing vista make sure u just have 1gb of ram and should install fine and dont do the "memory diagnostic tool", hope this helps any 1 in need Smile

Thursday, April 10, 2008 11:05 PM

All replies

•  

right, iv now managed to install vista in its own partishion, and it all woks sort of well ... after thinking really hard on my it could install onVWS and not in its own partishion, i figerd out it was useing only 1gb of RAM on VWS so i had took 1 gb out and installed. but went on, after manageing all there drivers i had noticed my comp runing really slow ... any who  i put in the othere stick of RAM and then run "memory diagnostic tool" all was fine, rebooted comp, then all i was geting is the bad memory post.. could the "memory diagnostic tool", blow up a stick of ram?

altho its lucky its under a life time warrenty, well i mean they cost £58 a pair. Sad

i geuss the good thing is, iv got vista on.. if any 1 is geting a problem installing vista make sure u just have 1gb of ram and should install fine and dont do the "memory diagnostic tool", hope this helps any 1 in need Smile

Thursday, April 10, 2008 11:05 PM
  •  

Hi

The Windows Memory Diagnostic tool tests errors of the Random Access Memory (RAM) on your computer. The diagnostic tool includes a comprehensive set of memory tests. If you are experiencing problems while running Windows, you can use this tool to determine whether the problems are caused by failing hardware such as RAM or the memory system of your motherboard.

Please understand that Windows Memory Diagnostic tool only checks your computer for memory hardware errors and will not fix the bad memory or cause the memory damage.

Normally, hardware damage is not caused by running software. Thank you for your understanding.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Friday, April 11, 2008 5:58 AM