none
Rejected workflow... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I want to capture (ideally from the description box on the WF approval page) the reason why a project was rejected (BTW - this doesn't mean the project is cancelled it goes back to the previous stage).  

I thought I might be able to find this in the ProjectWorkflowStageDataSet table (...silly me).  Does anyone know where this is stored and how to get access to it?

Many thanks 

James 

• Edited by JamesP435 Wednesday, March 1, 2017 5:49 AM
    Wednesday, March 1, 2017 5:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

you can use the field "Description" from your created task and use "Set Project Field" to update any Enterprise Custom Field on project level.

The get description, you need to look up approval task, using "TaskID" as GUID for task. If you want whole text and use a multiline field in PWA, use "Plain Text". As you can see, using plain text is removing formatting, but keeping whole text (in DescLong, set up as multiline field). Using "String" will keep HTML tag, but shorten Description if necessary (DescShort, set up as single line text field)

Here you can see my original text from description feld of Approval Task:

Does that help?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by JamesP435 Monday, May 22, 2017 12:28 PM
    Sunday, March 5, 2017 11:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you can use the field "Description" from your created task and use "Set Project Field" to update any Enterprise Custom Field on project level.

The get description, you need to look up approval task, using "TaskID" as GUID for task. If you want whole text and use a multiline field in PWA, use "Plain Text". As you can see, using plain text is removing formatting, but keeping whole text (in DescLong, set up as multiline field). Using "String" will keep HTML tag, but shorten Description if necessary (DescShort, set up as single line text field)

Here you can see my original text from description feld of Approval Task:

Does that help?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by JamesP435 Monday, May 22, 2017 12:28 PM
    Sunday, March 5, 2017 11:04 AM
  • Thanks Barbara. Let me try it out in the next few days

Cheers

James

• Edited by JamesP435 Thursday, March 9, 2017 12:12 AM
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 12:12 AM
  • Thanks Barbara.  This worked a treat.  Apologies for the delay in coming back to you 

Cheers

James 

• Edited by JamesP435 Monday, May 22, 2017 12:29 PM
    Monday, May 22, 2017 12:29 PM