none
Access Denied message for Approval Center (Project Server 2010) RRS feed

• Question

• One of our Project Server 2010 users is suddenly getting an "Access Denied" error message when trying to view the Approval Center.  She was previously able to view approvals and nobody has changed permissions, security groups or categories recently.  She is listed as an Administrator in the system and can view everything else just fine. 

Thus far I have tried deactivating and reactivating her account and she is only a member of the admins security group.  The error message doesn't provide details, it just says "Access denied" and is not the standard access denied message I have seen when someone attempts to view something beyond their permission level.

This user is currently using Windows XP while most of the company (including myself) are on Windows 7, so that may have something to do with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this could be happening?  Something with her AD account maybe?

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:30 PM

Answers

• Are you sure she's logging in as herself?  Sometimes the wrong credentials
    get stuck in the user account, and the computer is inadvertently logging
    with someone else's credentials.

That's one of the things I would check.  Go into the Control Panel on her
    machine, find User Accounts, and somewhere in there is the option to store
    credentials for websites.

The next thing I would do is check her account on a different machine....then
    download the 2007 View Effective Rights Tool and see if that sheds any light
    on the issue.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:39 PM

All replies

• Are you sure she's logging in as herself?  Sometimes the wrong credentials
    get stuck in the user account, and the computer is inadvertently logging
    with someone else's credentials.

That's one of the things I would check.  Go into the Control Panel on her
    machine, find User Accounts, and somewhere in there is the option to store
    credentials for websites.

The next thing I would do is check her account on a different machine....then
    download the 2007 View Effective Rights Tool and see if that sheds any light
    on the issue.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:39 PM
  •  Hi all,

Do you have new information about resolving this issue, which can be confirmed?

Alexey

• Proposed as answer by waansin Thursday, April 10, 2014 5:03 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by waansin Thursday, April 10, 2014 5:03 AM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:18 AM
  •  don't know if this was ever resolved but we have experienced the same problem in the last week.  I have found that in our case that we started archiving projects (created archiving category) and adding the projects to this category, with a security setting of no access to certain groups.

We found that resources still submitted against these projects and this is what was causing the "access denied" for certain PM's on the approval centre.

• Proposed as answer by waansin Thursday, April 10, 2014 5:03 AM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 5:03 AM