none
failed to add printer on network RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I am trying to add printer HP 1018 through network but it gives error "Operation failed with error 0x000006be". System where i want to add printer is using windows 7 32 Bit & where printer is installed is using windows XP. Printer is shared on network & is also showing on the PC where i want to add, but i couldnt perform action due to above error. Please guide

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 7:44 AM

All replies

• Hello.

Just to get this out of the way: my first suggestion is to stop using Windows XP. As an unsupported operating system it is dangerous to use from a security perspective.

You may be experiencing a printer driver compatibility problem as your Windows 7 system tries to get the printer driver from the Windows XP system. You could try installing the printer locally on the Windows 7 PC (no need to actually connect the printer) by downloading the latest printer driver from HP and installing it temporarily to LPT1. After installing it you can change the printer port connection from LPT1 to the share. This is done in the printer properties on the Ports tab.

Hope that helps.

Ed

Monday, December 26, 2016 10:01 PM