none
Displayed Owner mandatory for groups? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

In some of the groups in my MIM 2016 environment I have no use of any owner. However for some reason my portal won't let me save any changes to any group without selecting a displayed owner (screenshot below).

I have set Required to false for both OwnerList and DisplayedOwner in the RCDC. Also Required is off for the binding in my schema. And as you can see in the screenshot the red asterisk isn't there, so obviously it isn't mandatory. So can anyone tell me why it still won't let me have empty displayed owner? Where could the mismatch be?

edit: Please ignore the "Configuration and code behind mismatch", I've fixed that now. Still the problem described in the topic remains though.
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 9:15 AM

Answers

• So I decided to set the Synchronization Engine as the owner by default on these groups with a Set/MPR/Workflow

Ok. Tried this too. It works, but I don't 100% like it, it feels more like a workaround than a real solution...

Anyway, I used a mimwal "Update Resources" with the following expressions (just in case anyone else reading this is curious):

IIF(Eq([//Target/Owner],Null()),"fb89aefa-5ea1-47f1-8890-abe7797d6497",[//Target/Owner]) -> [//Target/Owner]

IIF(Eq([//Target/DisplayedOwner],Null()),"fb89aefa-5ea1-47f1-8890-abe7797d6497",[//Target/DisplayedOwner]) -> [//Target/DisplayedOwner]

• Proposed as answer by skotman Tuesday, February 13, 2018 3:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by DanielMalmgren Tuesday, February 13, 2018 6:16 AM
    Friday, March 31, 2017 9:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Daniel,

This flag can be controlled on two levels - RCDC of group or binding attribute<->object in FIMService.

As you already checked binding and RCDC - have you also restarted FIMService and iisreset after change and before checking?

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:45 AM
  • As you already checked binding and RCDC - have you also restarted FIMService and iisreset after change and before checking?

I've learned always doing iisreset after I've changed anything in a RCDC, so that one I had done. Also tried restarting the service now. Sorry to say that it didn't help :-(

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:44 PM
  • Hello Daniel,

You want to have this field but not required or your plan is to remove this field at all? In the second case you can just remove these fields from RCDC and it should work.

And if you want to have it as optional - I'll test myself the modification that should help here.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Friday, March 31, 2017 6:02 AM
  • You want to have this field but not required or your plan is to remove this field at all? In the second case you can just remove these fields from RCDC and it should work.

And if you want to have it as optional - I'll test myself the modification that should help here.

No, I need to have the field for some groups so I can't remove it entirely. I just need it to be non-mandatory.

Friday, March 31, 2017 6:12 AM
  • Hi,

I also ran into that trouble, where some groups are synched from AD to MIM but than should be managed in MIM because these groups are created by a script in AD by another application.

So I decided to set the Synchronization Engine as the owner by default on these groups with a Set/MPR/Workflow

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Friday, March 31, 2017 6:51 AM
  • So I decided to set the Synchronization Engine as the owner by default on these groups with a Set/MPR/Workflow

Ok. Tried this too. It works, but I don't 100% like it, it feels more like a workaround than a real solution...

Anyway, I used a mimwal "Update Resources" with the following expressions (just in case anyone else reading this is curious):

IIF(Eq([//Target/Owner],Null()),"fb89aefa-5ea1-47f1-8890-abe7797d6497",[//Target/Owner]) -> [//Target/Owner]

IIF(Eq([//Target/DisplayedOwner],Null()),"fb89aefa-5ea1-47f1-8890-abe7797d6497",[//Target/DisplayedOwner]) -> [//Target/DisplayedOwner]

• Proposed as answer by skotman Tuesday, February 13, 2018 3:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by DanielMalmgren Tuesday, February 13, 2018 6:16 AM
    Friday, March 31, 2017 9:11 AM