Resolving login error messages when loggin into the Windows Defender ATP portal RRS feed

• General discussion

• When logging into the Windows Defender APT portal for the first time, the browser will opt to use the company's existing ADD credentials, will not prompt for sign in credentials and result in a failed login attempt and error messages.

To overcome this, we recommend opening the browser in an InPrivate/Incognito mode:

(1) In Edge, click on the (...) menu item from the top right corner of the browser and select New InPrivate Windows from the menu. In Chrome, click onto he "hamburger" (three horizontal lines) menu item from the top right corner of the browser and select New Incognito Windows from the menu.

(2) Browse to the Windows Defender ATP portal and input your credentials provided to you by the Windows Defender ATP team.

Monday, May 23, 2016 6:31 PM

All replies

• I have tried to input the credentials provided by the Windows Defender ATP team and after entering the username, I'm getting the following error:

Analyst@WindowsATPXXX.onmicrosoft.com isn't in our system

Make sure you typed your address or phone number correctly, or get a new Microsoft account.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alon

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 11:09 AM
  • I just managed to login after all.

Thanks anyway,

Alon

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 11:29 AM
  • Happy to hear it got sorted out.

Let us know if you run into any additional problems.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:50 PM
  • How did you login?  I have the same error...
    Monday, July 18, 2016 2:14 PM
  • If the above solution using "InPrivate" windows did not resolve your issue, contact us through the email address by which we sent your the welcome message and we'll proceed from there.
    Monday, July 18, 2016 8:05 PM