After installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) on Windows 7 32 bit OS machine my application is not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created one activex application in VC++. this activex application I am running in internet explorer through .cab file. Application is developed on Visual C++ 2008 SP1 .

I am not able to run my application on Windows xp 32 bit OS(blank PC, i.e. no other software installed other than windows XP). So I have installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) to run this application. Now I am able to run my application.
    But when I am trying to do the same thing on windows 7 32 bit OS(blank PC, i.e. no other software installed other than windows 7), I am able to run my application without installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86). But when I installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) on Windows 7 machine, I was not able to run the application. I have uninstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) from Windows 7 machine, still I was not able to run my application.

Please suggest what I am doing wrong or missing something

Thanks in advance for your help

Sandeep

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 11:01 AM

Answers

• Create a setup and include the redist in it. You must install the Redist version which you used to compile the VC++ application.

Run sxstrace to see which version you need.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    • Marked as answer by mailatsandeep Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:34 PM
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 11:13 PM
  • Hi,

I think Visual C++ Forum is the proper resource to answer your question.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:18 AM
    Friday, August 20, 2010 5:38 AM

All replies

• Create a setup and include the redist in it. You must install the Redist version which you used to compile the VC++ application.

Run sxstrace to see which version you need.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    • Marked as answer by mailatsandeep Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:34 PM
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 11:13 PM
  • Hi,

I think Visual C++ Forum is the proper resource to answer your question.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:18 AM
    Friday, August 20, 2010 5:38 AM