Servers in multiple policies RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have several servers which are part of Groups/OU of different policies in FCS.

What will happen after deployment of all of them? the last one take over?

Should I exclude all servers in multiple policies from all policies except one?

Thanks,

DOm

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

What do you mean the different policy? Client Security policy? As far as I know, you can deploy Client Security policies to one of the three deployment target types that use Group Policy: OUs, Security groups and Domains.

Group Policy processing and precedence

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc785665(v=ws.10).aspx

Regards,

Saturday, April 20, 2013 2:11 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the update.

"From the precedence it seems only Policy3 will apply am I right?" - yes, the original policy will be removed from the serverA.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Monday, April 22, 2013 9:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

What do you mean the different policy? Client Security policy? As far as I know, you can deploy Client Security policies to one of the three deployment target types that use Group Policy: OUs, Security groups and Domains.

Group Policy processing and precedence

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc785665(v=ws.10).aspx

Regards,

Saturday, April 20, 2013 2:11 PM
  • Hello,

Under the Policy Management tab of the Microsoft Forefront Client Security Console if I have several policy deployed and:

- Policy1 is deployed to Group1 which include ServerA

- Policy2 is deployed to Group2 also including ServerA

- Policy3 is deployed to OU1 also including ServerA

what will be the results as the policy1, policy2, policy3 have different exclusions extensions and paths?

From the precedence it seems only Policy3 will apply am I right?

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

Saturday, April 20, 2013 6:10 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the update.

"From the precedence it seems only Policy3 will apply am I right?" - yes, the original policy will be removed from the serverA.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Monday, April 22, 2013 9:14 AM