VISTA CHKDSK/F issue RRS feed

• Question

• I got a HP DV2550 Notebook which is pre-installed with "Windows Vista Home Premium".

The problem ..is If I tries to schedule the CHKDSK /f disk check for C: drive ... while booting .. disk check is getting halted at 10% or 11% at the STAGE 1 of 3

tried so many times but no luck... I am able work ..with my notebook ..without any issues, I am worried why this CHKDSK /F  is not going smoothly for the OS installed drive. I am unable to justify its HDD problem or .. Vista's CHKDSK issue , Clueless.

** If anybody have solution for this .. plz reply...

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 11:13 AM

All replies

• Dear fiend!
    Sorry about my (very bad) english...
    If you search the web about this issues: Windows Vista HP Notebook CHKDSK (same with other hardware...) you'll find the problem exists and many people are complaining about this...
    The good notice (for me) is that I have my first OS - Ubuntui GNU/Linux...
    What you said about your problems I've experimented so...
    The way I've managed: Use the "Repair hardware" problems (or similar, I've WinVista in spanish) then, in command prompt I've entered CHKDSK d: /f and CHKDSK c: /f both. You'll be prompted about dismount the unit por succeed...
    This resolve the problem. I expect this could solution your problem as for me.
    Greetings! from Mario, Mar del Plata - Argentina

PS: in http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/fastFaqLiteDocument?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=18703&docname=c00809678
    You will find further explanations... Seek the "Check the condition of the computer" section.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 2:28 AM
  • This may perhaps help you.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 1:06 PM
  • Thanks! HappyAndyK in advance...

I'm looking for the link.

Bye!

maval

Monday, January 28, 2008 7:19 PM