Custom Document Template for Document libraries using ContentType features. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am creating a custom content type and want to have a custom document template with it. The requirement says that we need to have Word, Xcel and PowerPoint templates in Single DocLib.

For this I have created 3 Content Types and added Custom Document Template for each of it

I have used steps mentioned in the following Post.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/uksharepoint/archive/2009/10/15/how-to-include-document-template-files-in-content-type-features.aspx

Now, the Problem is if I go to Document library and Add Content type manually, Document Templates gets uploaded to the specfied location in the feature(/Forms/New Word Document). But when I try to do same through Document library Schema by adding ContentypeRef The document Templates are not uploaded to the specified location.

Anybody has an idea what could be the reason for such a behavior?

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, July 18, 2011 3:06 PM one . only in titles
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, July 18, 2011 3:07 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Monday, July 18, 2011 8:36 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

According to the site you give ,the document template will be uploaded to the _cts folder .This folder can be seen in SharePoint Designer when you open the site .

What do you mean by the Content Ref you add in the Document Library Schema ? I add a binding instead  . <ContentTypeBinding ContentTypeId="0x010100d0f98a73f06544f3baeab21d9a06410d" ListUrl="Shared Documents" />.

Thanks,

Entan Ming
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:59 AM
  • Hi Entan,

There are 2 ways to do this

1. as i suggested that if we have a contentype then we can add ContentTypeRef

2. As you suggested  using ContentType Binding, but in this case its not generic like its only binding the conetnt type to Shared Documents not all document libraries.

Problem is that Document templates are not uploaded through Document library schema. I need that all document libraries created should have my document templates.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 6:23 AM