Outlook Calendar Not Displayed RRS feed

• Question

• I have a n issue with an Exchange account, it would seem.

The company runs Exchange server 2007 on SBS 2008, no complaints until now.

Within this organization, I have one user whose account seems to have been corrupt.

I have tried setting the account up on multiple machines on both Office 2013 and 2010 with cache mode on and off.

The problem is that every time the user accesses mail the account does not display the calendar, if mail is selected then calendar the reading pane stays on mail. same thing happens with contacts.

Funny thing is, if you right-click and open in new window, it works.

The calendar also has no issues opening in OWA.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:13 AM

Answers

• EASY METHOD:

1) Try that problem user on ANOTHER workstation - if it is "clean" on another workstation, then it is his "Windows profile" on the current workstation.

2) If bad profile, save the user's desktop, shortcuts, etc., then blow away his/her Windows profile.

3) When user logs in again, profile will be re-created, fresh and new

4) Double-check that the problem is resolved.

If it is not "Windows" profile, it may be "Outlook profile"

Reference this link, and try some of the "cleanprofile" and "cleanreminders" and other options:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/commandlineswitches.htm

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Outlook.exe /cleanreminders

and/or

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Outlook.exe /cleanprofile

and/or

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\Outlook.exe /cleanreminders

and/or

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\Outlook.exe /cleanprofile

Other things to try:

Please make sure your OS and Exchange both are fully updated on patches.

Sounds like maybe a patch could possibly resolve this.

If it is one user, you might see if the user would accept a new/different email address; i.e., create a mailbox name with the user's middle initial or something (you later can go back and add an extra SMTP address to his account, using his current email name, so people still will be able to send to both.

Otherwise, you also can try repairing the mailbox/Outlook. From Exchange, you can use powershell and repair some issues; from command line on the workstation, you can run Outlook repair (as mentioned earlier).

I hope I was helpful. Please Mark as Answer if I answered  your question. Thanks!

tnjman

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:33 AM