AT&T DSL drops internet connection suddenly RRS feed

• Question

• I have HP laptop with Vista.  My internet connection drops suddenly when I am in the middle of something.  I looked at the system information and I noticed my Ethernet was disable and it is in the problem information area.  Is this suppose to be diable?  If not, I can't figure out how to enable it.  I won't let me.

Realtek RTL8102E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) Driver

Sunday, September 5, 2010 3:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please click Start, type Device manager and press enter. Locate and expand the Network adapters, right click on your network card:Realtek RTL8102E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0), you will see the Enable item from the context list. If you can't enable it this way, try the "Update driver software" at the same context prompt. You can download the driver here.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 7:32 AM