none
AntiVirus RRS feed

• Question

• In the Windows SteadyState Technical FAQ, it only lists 3 different AntiVirus applications that are supported.  Does this mean that programs such as Norton AntiVirus 2008 with Antispyware are not supported>

Thanks,

Friday, June 13, 2008 3:38 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

You can also check Windows SteadyState handbook:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/2/6/d261b347-2f03-4bcf-8240-8b7a66beef8a/Windows%20SteadyState%20Handbook.pdf

It supports the following 4 security products:

Computer Associates eTrust 7.0

McAfee VirusScan

Windows Defender

TrendMicro 7.0

I will further confirm with our product team if NAV is not supported by default. If this is the case, we may need custom script to update the virus definition.

Monday, June 16, 2008 6:57 AM
  • I checked the Windows SteadyState handbook, but it only references the same items as my original post.

I also spent about an hour on the phone with Symantec trying to understand how to create a script.  Unfortunately this was not successful.

My main goal is to ensure the AntiVirus is continually updated on the systems I am working with.  Is there a problem with setting up the application to automatically control/maintain this rather than Windows SteadyState?

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:19 PM
  •  

You can refer to the following thread on how to create the script of Symantec antivirus:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsToolsandUtilities/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1761830&SiteID=69  

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 2:00 AM
  • Hello, I have a VM with XP installed, I also installed TrenMocro 7, IE7 and all windows updates. After installing SteadtState, it does not reconize the AV software?? if you go to the control pannel to secury centre, virus protection is on! is there a way to manually add it or do a rescan?

Thank you

Ramiro

Monday, June 23, 2008 3:56 PM