none
PS2010 WBS in PWA Views not showing as in Cient RRS feed

• Question

• I'm seeing some very strange behavior in the WBS column and wondering if others have seen this and know how to fix...

Received a file whose WBS was out of sync (top level starting as 52), probably from copy-overs. Usually this can be fixed by deleting the errant numbers from the WBS field in the client which resets them back to starting at one, then saving and publishing. Highlighted the WBS column and deleted and the WBS column reset, starting at 1 as expected. Saved and published. However, when I look at the schedule in PWA, it still shows the WBS starting at 52! Tried to delete again, but still the same. Tried deleting the published as thought maybe a problem there and re-save/publish to regenerate the data in the published database, but still showing starting at 52. This is very strange as when you pull up the same file in the client, the WBS shows as starting a 1, but when you pull up the same file in PWA, and it shows the WBS starting at 52. Anybody know how to fix this so PWA shows the same as the client for the same file?

Rick Frisby

Friday, March 8, 2013 5:57 PM

All replies

• Hi ! I have the same strange behavior in pwa. I can't find solution.
    Monday, March 25, 2013 8:38 AM
  • Yes, this is a real head scratcher. I'm kind of spurised nonoe else has reported or commented on this. Must be some kind of bug in Project Server. What have you tried?

Rick Frisby

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:24 PM
  • I have tried to delete and then republishe project, but have the same trouble. Also i have trouble when all WBS codes in project are lost.
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:44 AM
  • Hi! Do you have new ideas about this trouble?
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:54 AM
  • No Vad. I can't seem to figure out the cause or the remedy on this one. Also, I notice when in PWA sometimes the WBS numbers dissapear when expanding/contractring rows and when you are in edit mode and create a new task, the WBS number does not appear on the task in PWA (but will appear in the client). Very strange indeed.

Rick Frisby

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:07 PM
  • We have the exact same problem with the WBS field and have been looking into it for days and cannot find a solution.  We have entered specific WBS numbers in Project Pro for every task, but they are very different in the PWA.   

Has anyone found a solution or explanation for this yet?? 

Lance

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:32 PM
  • Have notcome across a solution yet.

Rick Frisby

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 2:21 PM