none
VBS Script timing out RRS feed

• Question

• I have a vbscript that is executing an oracle connection to retrieve some data and then logs it for a log file rule to pick up.

It works flawlessly on our 32 and 64 bit win2k8 servers in test and dev. In production its being timed out by the management server:

Forced to terminate the following process started at 8:09:04 AM because it ran past the configured timeout 120 seconds.

Command executed: "C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "GetAutosysData.vbs" dlpcsg6 VAN-FME-PURGE-TEST 503 03/29/2010 07:07:05

Working Directory: E:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 8\8548\

The vbscript is failing on an oracle database open using adodb object.

I could give you the details, but since it runs fine on dev, fine on test and even runs fine on production as a script run from the command line. It just does not work when SCOM invokes it. It gets all the way to the database open and dies. Since the same vbs works from the command line I'm stumped. We have logged in to the action account and run the vbs from the command line so it does not seem to be permissions either.

Any thoughts on how to debut the result of the database open would be appreaited. There is error handling to catch a failure of the open, (also on error resume next). The error handler is the next line of code is not being execute.

Monday, March 29, 2010 6:39 PM

Answers

All replies