Anyone can tell me what's the scan engine that FCS is used?? RRS feed

• Question

• Does it like antigen using 9 engine or else?? THX!
    Friday, November 24, 2006 2:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Teddy

The FCS client is using the same core antispyware engine as Windows Defender and the same antivirus engine as Windows OneCare -- the AS and AV components run as a single engine on the client machine.  FCS doesn't use multiple engines - only the server-based Forefront product uses the multi-engines

Thanks

Chris

Forefront Client Security PM

Friday, November 24, 2006 5:01 AM
  • Thanks Chris!
    Friday, November 24, 2006 7:29 AM
  •  Chris Sfanos - MSFT wrote:

Hi Teddy

The FCS client is using the same core antispyware engine as Windows Defender and the same antivirus engine as Windows OneCare -- the AS and AV components run as a single engine on the client machine.  FCS doesn't use multiple engines - only the server-based Forefront product uses the multi-engines

Thanks

Chris

Chris, I would like to ask any URL for further support?? Thanks! 

Friday, November 24, 2006 7:34 AM
  • Hi Teddy

You can file a bug or a suggestion directly with the product team (snippets from my other post in this forum)

Just go here:  https://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/default.aspx?SiteID=27

You are required to register your Passport account with Connect to submit any feedback (this allows you to track the progress of your issues as we investigate them)

Thanks

Chris

Friday, November 24, 2006 2:16 PM
  • Hi Chris,

Without the benefits of multi-engine, what's the strong point of FCS when comparing to Trend Micro's officescan and Symantec's Antivirus for Corporation.

David

Saturday, December 16, 2006 1:59 AM
  • With repsonse to David's question, I am also interested to find out how FCS detects a virus on  system compared to say Trend Officescan. If I was to implement FCS on a network, would I be safe enough to discontinue using Trend or another vendor software?

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 8:13 AM
  • Hi,

In my experience most vendors  AV engines are pretry much uniform in functionality, and they just work... I've used the 2 products you ae comparing FCS against, and the biggest difference for me is in the Spyware area - FCS seems to be able to detect and more importantly clean a lot more spyware than the competition... Reporting is also of a more detailed level in FCS in my opinion than some of the other products out there.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 10:33 AM