Forwarding an external Skype for Business meeting to a Polycom 8800 Trio with Visual+ box RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to forward an externally created Skype for Business Outlook meeting request to a Polycom 8800 Trio paired to a Visual+ box and then be able to launch the meeting with the join button from the Polycom? I know that the meeting entry will show in the calendar on the Polycom, but will the entry have the join button and then when the join button is pressed will the Polycom have full audio and visual capabilities for the meeting?

I am guessing this will be possible if the external senders domain is federated with our domain? What about not federated domains?

Thursday, June 14, 2018 3:50 PM

Answers

• I tried forwarding an external domains request who we are federated with to the Polycom, the meeting shows on the Polycom in the calender option, but there is no join option.

If you forward an internal Skype for Business meeting request to the Polycom you get the join option.

• Marked as answer by Blue_man2 Wednesday, June 20, 2018 8:02 PM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2018 8:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Blue_Craig,

I cannot understand about “Polycom 8800 Trio with Visual+ box”, you connect Trio Visual box to 8800 phone?

Based on my research,you can use a SFB account to sign in the Polycom 8800,if you could forword SFB meeting to a SFB account, this fucntion can be achieved

Due to resource constraints, we cannot test it for you.i think this issue you could contact the Ploycom support ,they are more familiar with this device.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 15, 2018 8:21 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 9:11 AM
  • I tried forwarding an external domains request who we are federated with to the Polycom, the meeting shows on the Polycom in the calender option, but there is no join option.

If you forward an internal Skype for Business meeting request to the Polycom you get the join option.

• Marked as answer by Blue_man2 Wednesday, June 20, 2018 8:02 PM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2018 8:02 PM
  • Thanks for your sharing

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Thursday, June 21, 2018 2:12 AM