ANUC Anyone? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone, I am just wondering who has worked with ANUC. Im having a small problem with it.

I have managed to create a user with this, but i have to do it one at a time. ( view pic ONE )

IF i select " submit all"... it gives me an error ( View pic 2 )   i want to submit all without no error

Is there something in the code that i have to change? if so please direct me on how to do it please

another thing i would like to add is that i have already altered the code in a way that we removed the Period's ( . )

We had to remove the period's ( . ) because by the " samAccountName " it wanted a name and surname ( or any other name ) to be displayed as  " Name.Surname ".  We only wanted " Name " to be displayed , that's why we removed the Period's ( . ) and surname references    

PIC 1PIC 2

• Edited by mielies44 Thursday, December 6, 2012 10:16 AM Spell check and added new information
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 9:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The error state that Path of the new AD User is empty.

The Path in the New-ADUser Cmdlet is the Path of the OU where the user wil be created.

I quickly check the code of ANUC.

When you use submit button it uses the Combo Box OU (on the left, under Current Domain).

In your case : "OU=Grade 12,DC=Libertylab2,DC=local"

When you use Submit All button, it uses the row Path from the CSV (line 549).

As there is no Path information in your CSV, the cmdlet New-ADUser doesn't run.

Path attributes isn't required in New-ADUser Cmdlet but when you use it, you have to provide a value.

So if you wanna use Submit All you have to modify your CSV file and provide the OU path.

Regards,

Saturday, December 8, 2012 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The error state that Path of the new AD User is empty.

The Path in the New-ADUser Cmdlet is the Path of the OU where the user wil be created.

I quickly check the code of ANUC.

When you use submit button it uses the Combo Box OU (on the left, under Current Domain).

In your case : "OU=Grade 12,DC=Libertylab2,DC=local"

When you use Submit All button, it uses the row Path from the CSV (line 549).

As there is no Path information in your CSV, the cmdlet New-ADUser doesn't run.

Path attributes isn't required in New-ADUser Cmdlet but when you use it, you have to provide a value.

So if you wanna use Submit All you have to modify your CSV file and provide the OU path.

Regards,

Saturday, December 8, 2012 7:57 AM
  • Hi there LUCAND

Thanks for the advise , i will try do it today and will inform you if it worked

Thanks again

Monday, December 10, 2012 10:53 AM