none
Turning off desktop on dual monitor, turns off signal completely RRS feed

• Question

• I have a dual monitor system.  In the display settings is an option to just show the desktop on one monitor.  I choose monitor 1.  The signal to monitor 2 is then completely turned off.  All I want is to have the desktop not showing on monitor 2. The signal to monitor 2 is also projected and I still want to be able to project things from programs that I run.  With how things work currently, the option should be, "disable, or turn off one monitor."

Is there any way I can turn off the desktop on Monitor 2, but still have programs "use" it?

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:29 PM

Answers

• I suggest you contact the manufacturer of your video card or the publisher of your video driver and software utility since the monitor control is a function of the video card and its respective driver and software utility.  You may need to change some settings in the video card control utility.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:43 PM