none
Windows 10 (or Server 2016); starting Issue of On-Screen Keyboard (osk) without admin rights RRS feed

• Question

• How do you do?

I try to call the On-Screen Keyboard out of our application (.net; c#). Unfortunately, the keyboard (osk.exe) does not start if the user does not have administrator rights. An error message appears here.

Meanwhile I have also found out that I can no longer start the osk.exe via the Windows Explorer if the user no longer has admin rights. Irrespective of whether I start it from System32 or SysWow64.

Are there any ways to make the keyboard functional again?

Thank you

Friday, March 22, 2019 11:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please provide the detail error message for further analyze?

Meanwhile, please check the security tab of osk.exe's properties, make sure the standard user has read and execute permission.

if the issue still persists, you may enable UAC to check if the issue solved.

Hope these can help you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 1:07 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 8:54 AM