Mobility 9000 driver and widescreen LCD RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Presario x1105 15.4 LCD laptop, with a Radeon Mobility 9000 (HP states 9200), but its the M9 (DEV_4C6E). After sucessfuly instaled Windows Vista Business and updated all the possible drivers and windows updates, on of them was the ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM). The driver works fine and has a decent performance in some recent 3D games (DirectX8 & 9), the only problem is that the resolutions and display frequencies are all wrong (i could work this around seeing and working with the 2nd display output). The max. resolution by default on previous ATI & HP drivers to this system was 1280*800 at 60Htz, but seems that this driver doesn't support widescreen resolutions and i haven't heard anyone saying that they scored in widescreen lcd's laptops. After several tests with XP drivers from ATI Catalyst Packages, Notebook manufacturers drivers, HP, moded, etc.., im confused if the problem is in the driver files or in driver INF software instructions. I've heard and read about the called DALNonStandardModesBCD and how afects resolutions to the display so i tried to change that on many test drivers mencioned before, but they never displayed rigth on the laptop (Standard 1280*800).

If anyone has any comments, help, notes, experiences of this kind of subject or technical info in order to help, please be kind to post it. If info on my system is needed ill provided as much as i can.

Kind regards,

Paulo Bernardo

Saturday, March 17, 2007 4:21 PM