Re-creating Outlook Profile with Cloned User Data RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have a copy of the Windows user folder that includes an IMAP .ost file. I have access to the account that it is referring to but I have yet to find a way to mount the .ost file onto Outlook so an offline calendar can be extracted from the .ost file. I would like an option to do so without converting the .ost to a .pst. I have read on another discussion that I can possibly use the original MAPI profile to reconnect the .ost. Where is the MAPI profile stored and how can I import it into Outlook?

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 3:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The profile is stored in Windows registry which stores the account information (user name, display name, e-mail server name, etc.) and specifies where the e-mail data is delivered and stored. In theory, a .ost file cannot be reused within another Outlook mail profile. If you want to do so, you will need to export the profile registry key from the old computer and them import it to the current computer. Put the .ost file in the exact same location where it was stored on the old computer.

Otherwise, you have to find a 3rd-party converter to convert the .ost file to .pst file to retrieve the old data.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, September 20, 2018 9:42 AM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2018 7:11 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information were helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, September 20, 2018 9:43 AM