Save images in Word 2010 document RRS feed

• Question

• We're recently upgraded from Office 2007 to 2010. I'm working on a Word document with linked-in images and I would like to save these images in the Word document itself and not in a separate folder. In Word 2007 this was done via the menu choice Edit -> Links -> Save image in document. (We're running Office in Swedish so I'm not 100% sure what it says in English but this should be about right.) How do I do this in Word 2010?
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 7:09 AM

Answers

• Hi

The options you are looking for are in the Info section in the File Tab. Below the file properties is an option "Edit links to files".  The dialog this displays show all linked images and the options to manage them including "Save picture in document".

Hope this helps

G North MMI
    • Marked as answer by Nick Wan Monday, June 13, 2011 1:56 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 3:57 PM

All replies

• Hi

The options you are looking for are in the Info section in the File Tab. Below the file properties is an option "Edit links to files".  The dialog this displays show all linked images and the options to manage them including "Save picture in document".

Hope this helps

G North MMI
    • Marked as answer by Nick Wan Monday, June 13, 2011 1:56 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 3:57 PM
  • Could anyone please explain what exactly that 'Save picture in document' option does when used in connection with a linked picture (includepicture field)? What's the added value of this option?
    Thursday, July 4, 2019 1:38 PM
  • With the Save picture in document option, if you send the file to another computer, the linked picture will still be visible instead of the user seeing an error message that it couldn't be found.
    Thursday, July 4, 2019 3:30 PM